Wednesday 11 February 2009

Who knew Charlie Chaplin spoke...

Aight, i thought Charlie Chaplin was some guy who made films without speaking, kinda like a mime. Apparantly I was wrong. I came across this speech and thought it was amazing. It was taken from the film The Great Dictator (1940) and in essence represents my feelings. Charlies character seems like he does'nt want to embrace the power he has been given, but he should relish the opportunity to use his power to influence things for the better. The opposite for what most of the leaders today do, these warmongerers who claim be Christians. I mean cmon, Bush and Blair claim to be Christians, yet they pushed for numerous wars on false pretences. I mean seriously, when did war = peace and vicer versa. Me thinks me smells a rat. Sounds eerily like an Orwell Novel. If any of my MANY readers (lol) have not yet read 1984 by George Orwell AKA (Eric Blair) yet, make sure you pick it up and let me know what you think of it.

Anyway, enough talk,and hhhhhhhhheeeeeeerrrrrreeeee'ssssssss Charlie.........

1 comment:

  1. WOW I MUST SAY, THAT WAS VERY POWERFULL, THE MAN HAD A GIFT!

    "THE MISERY THAT IS NOW UPON US IS JUST THE PASSING OF GREED" (DOESN'T THIS LINE FROM THAT SPEECH MAKE YOU THINK OF THE CREDIT CRUNCH AND ALL THE FAT-CAT BANKERS THAT WERE COMPLAINING OF LOSING THEIR BONUSES!)

    GREAT BLOG BY THE BY ;)

    ReplyDelete